Lyrici Arts is looking for an Local Creative Facilitator to join our team and support us on the delivery of our latest digital show ‘Rent Party.’
You will work with us to produce the show and will have the opportunity to create your own legacy project for Medway with seed funding of £2000!
The perfect person will be someone who:
• Is looking to develop their career in the arts.
• Is full of creative marketing ideas, can write engaging blog posts and can collate exciting material for our creative evaluation.
• Loves to explore the theory and history around show themes.
• Is looking for a platform to create their own project for Medway.
• Can be the ‘voice of co-creation’; helping us to shape plans to reach new audiences and spread the word.
• Is passionate about inclusion and diversity.
• Would like to learn from a local, as well as national project perspective.
• Would enjoy being part of a small team and getting stuck-in to a variety of tasks.
• Can commit to 2 days of work a week between April- June for the Rent Party show, and a legacy project from July 2021- April 2022.
• Can be flexible attending virtual events or rehearsals in the evening or at weekends.
• Has access to their own laptop and internet connection to work from home.
If this sounds like you – we want you on our team!
22.5 days between April – June 2021 to work on Rent Party
12 days between July – September to set up your own legacy project with an additional £2000 seed money.
There may be scope to extend the contract and for the successful applicant to work with Lyrici Arts from Oct- Apr 2022, funding dependent.
7 hours per day, approximately 2 days a week (with some additional hours during the show period).
Flexible working may be required with some occasional evening/weekend work.
Fixed fee: £3,450 (equating to approx £14 per hour and equivalent to ITC rates of pay)
A further £2000 seed-funding pot will be made available for the Local Creative Facilitator to develop a legacy project supported by Lyrici Arts.
Keely Augustus, Artistic Director
Work is likely to take place remotely due to the current Covid-19 pandemic. Applicants must have access to a laptop and internet connection to work from home.
If government guidelines change to allow in-person delivery we can discuss whether in-person work is appropriate.
Applicants for this role must be self employed and eligible to work legally in the United Kingdom.
• Work closely with the Lyrici Arts team, director Darren Pritchard and the cast to help shape our marketing strategy for Rent Party in order to reach new and existing audiences, as well as taking the lead and creating your own creative marketing campaign for the show.
• Create exciting content to be shared on social media (currently Twitter, Facebook and Instagram).
• Produce regular blog posts keeping the Medway community informed about the project and ensuring the website news feed remains current and interesting.
• Develop creative ways to share research about the show’s themes and influences, and use interesting methods to contrast Rent Parties of the 1920’s to the Medway Rent Party stories of today.
• Provide support at all creative production meetings – this may include preparing documents, taking minutes and creating a performance log book with prompts and cues.
• Provide support at all online rehearsals – this may include managing the Zoom account, taking pictures, taking notes for a blog, encouraging the performers and even getting involved.
• Help to suggest and/or source props and costumes for the production.
• Attend meetings with the project Sounding Board to update them on progress, share ideas, get their opinion and to help shape future meeting agendas.
• Be a ‘Voice of Medway’ at meetings and events – proposing ideas to help us better engage with Medway residents and shape future programming.
• Capture evaluation data and project feedback that can be used to tell the story of Rent Party 2021.
• Attend weekly meetings with the National partners to observe and feed into project updates and discussions.
• Work alongside Lyrici Arts to create and manage your own legacy project for Medway which is linked to the themes or concept of the Rent Party show. The legacy project must be creative, have elements of co-creation involved with the community and provide a sense of wellbeing and inclusion. £2000 seed funding is earmarked for this legacy project.
• Adhere to Lyrici Arts equality, diversity and inclusion policies.
• Other reasonable tasks and responsibilities that may arise from working in a small team.
What you receive
We are committed to creative growth and you will receive:
• Paid work and creative input for 3 months on the show Rent Party April- June 2021 (Assisting with the project mapping, delivery and evaluation)
• Seed money to work with Lyrici Arts from July 2021 and be supported to create and deliver a legacy project for Medway.
• Opportunity to develop your producing skills working beside Lyrici Arts and Darren Pritchard during the making of the show.
• Access to professional training during the Sounding Board meetings.
We are looking for someone who:
1. Is interested in the arts sector, specifically in theatre, community projects, literature music and/or dance.
2. Is looking for producing experience; alongside a Director within a pre-existing project, and whilst working to create your own project.
3. Is connected to Medway and really understands its community.
4. Has a commitment to inclusion and is keen to work through the process of co-creation, and willing to include multiple voices within the making of your own legacy project.
5. A good knowledge/understanding of producing theatre and/or community projects.
6. Good knowledge of effective social media campaigns and some knowledge/experience of event marketing, blogging or copywriting.
7. Can use MS Office programmes, including Excel, Word and Outlook.
8. Ability to manage your time and prioritise tasks.
9. Good communication skills and experience of contacting/working with a range of different people (young people, businesses, the public etc).
10. Ability to get on with things and work using your own initiative.
11. An eye for detail.
12. Willing to get stuck in with a range of tasks and take on varied responsibilities as part of a small team.
13. A flexible approach to work and willingness to learn.
14. Reliable and conscientious.
15. A non-judgemental and respectful approach to all people.
16. Be eligible to work legally in the United Kingdom.
17. Access to a laptop/computer and internet connection
How to Apply
Please send your CV and a short cover letter (no more than 2 pages A4) to Keely Augustus (email@example.com).
Use your cover letter to explain how you fit all the points on the person specification. Use examples from your work, volunteering or personal life to explain how you fit the specification and to tell us a little bit more about you and your initial project legacy idea for Medway.
Make sure to refer to the numbers from the person specification in your cover letter. (This makes it much easier for us to read it, and for you to check you have explained every point).
Deadline for applications by midnight on Sunday 21st March 2021.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to meet with us on Zoom on Wednesday 24th March 2021.
The successful applicant will be expected to start working in the week starting 5th April 2021.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Lyrici Arts are continually working to improve access to all aspects of our work, for everyone with specific individual requirements.
If you need further information or have specific access needs, please contact us and we will be happy to help. You can also let us know of any requirements when you apply.
This project is part of the Moving Roots Touring Network you can find out more about the Network here.